Bulk Pick-Up Program
Household Bulky Waste Pick-Up Program
The City of Fayetteville provides one free bulky waste pick-up to residents of single-family and duplex homes once per year. This service is to handle large furniture, appliances, and brush and or tree limbs, these items are too large to fit in a normal trash cart for service. Items may not be in a bag or box and only one category type of items may be selected for curbside service.
You can opt to forfeit your free curbside pick up and bring up to five accepted items in multiple categories to the Transfer Station, with your current water bill, for free.
Additional bulky waste pick-ups of up to five items within the same category can be scheduled for $45 plus tax.
To schedule a pick-up at your home in Fayetteville please call the Recycling and Trash Collection division. See below for Rules and Regulations on setting out Bulky Waste for curbside collection.
Bulky waste is divided into three categories for collection: Household, Metal, and Yard Waste. You may dispose of up to five items within the same category per free bulky waste pick-up. If you have multiple items in different categories, these must be picked up on different days. Therefore, only one of those pick-ups will be free (per year). Bulk is different from regular yard waste schedules, please call for placement instructions.
Excluded from Service
Businesses, apartments, condos, mobile homes, multi unit complexes(includes 3 or more units), non profit, and industrial are excluded from this free service.
All Freon appliances and parts can be picked up at curbside by scheduling an appointment and paying a recovery fee per unit. This recovery fee is for all units that still have or have had the Freon compressors removed.
Unit information, signature, and fees required before scheduling.
Rules and Regulations
- Place out no more than 12 hours prior to collection.
- Items must be placed out by 5:00 a.m. on the day of collection. Placing out the night before is recommended.
- Items must be placed within 5-6 feet of the curbside, no alleys or side streets please. We will not collect materials directly from inside your home.
- Must be placed 4 feet from any other material, structures, or fences.
- Do not place directly under power lines or tree limbs.
- Do not place within 4 feet of any other object or collection materials on the ground.
- Please do not block the Right of way in streets, sidewalks, or in ditch lines.
- Please place material on the ground.
- Only items placed at curbside and scheduled will be removed, we are not responsible for any materials left at curbside not intended for removal.
- We are not allowed to drive on to your property, so please be sure to follow guidelines as above.
- Residents must choose from one of the three service types (Household, Metal or Brush). Categories cannot be mixed.
Three Categories to choose from, only one category allowed per pick up:
- Artificial Christmas trees
- Chairs, couches and love seats
- Entertainment centers
- Hot tub covers
- Landscape timbers (10 only)
- Mattress & box springs
- Sinks & tubs (excluding cast iron)
- Lawn Furniture
- Doors - no glass
- Swing sets-wooden only
- Building Materials (Limited), carpet 3-6x6 rolls.
- Trash Bags, Cardboard boxes full of debris or packing paper
- Cast iron tubs, toilets and sinks
- Hazardous Materials
- Railroad ties
- Tree stumps
- Treated lumber
- Concrete- slabs
- Major Appliances
- Lawnmowers, weed eaters and tillers
- Mailboxes and poles (all concrete must be removed)
- Old metal trash cans (must be empty)
- Air conditioners
- Water coolers
- Tire rims
- Tree limbs
There is a maximum of 12 feet in length and 6 inches in diameter per limb.
There is a limit of 3 standard pick-up truck size loads.
If you have less than one truck load of brush and or tree limbs, please prepare the items for yard waste pick up or bring to the Compost Facility for disposal.
- Food waste
- Plastic bags
- Railroad ties
Recycling & Trash Collection
Residential services, General Information
1560 S. Happy Hollow Road
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Email the Division
Commercial Service Representative
Commercial & Roll off services
Waste Reduction Coordinator
Education, Business Recycling
Washington County also accepts bulk materials. Please contact them at 479-444-1725 for information on their services.
Also provides a bulky waste program for any resident of the two county district (Madison and Washington Counties). For information on fees and to schedule a collection through the Boston Mountain Solid Waste District.